By The People x WeDC House is a series of illuminating and thought-provoking dialogues envisioning the future of Washington, DC and the world. Panelists with broad expertise in food, transportation, and sports/entertainment will answer questions about the ideas, innovations, and strategies that will define these sectors. The panel discussions will be followed by a future world happy hour and dance party on Eaton DC's rooftop!
Join us as panelists explore questions like:
Are there steps we need to take today in order to realize a future that benefits all of society?
What technologies will provide the most equitable and sustainable solutions?
How is Washington, DC positioning itself now to be a city of the future and an example for the world?
Due to limited capacity, registration is required for this free event.
Thursday, June 20
2:00PM - 8:30PM (Doors open 1:30PM)
1201 K St NW, Washington, DC
2:10 – 3:10
Access, Justice and the Environment: The Future of Food
- Ahmad Ashkar, CEO, Hult Prize Foundation, Founder, Falafel Inc.
- Lauren Biel, Executive Director, DC Greens
- Eric Kessler, Board Chair, James Beard Foundation and Founder, Arabella Advisers
- Laura Hayes, Food Editor, Washington City Paper (moderator)
3:20 – 4:20
From Here to There: The Future of Transportation
- Ryan Kelly, Head of Marketing and Communications, Virgin Hyperloop
- Steven Taylor, Regional Director, Lyft
- Karen Finney, CNN Contributor (moderator)
4:30 – 5:30
Games & Gigs: The Future of Sports & Entertainment
- Mark Ein, Washington Kastles, Washington Esports Ventures, Venturhouse Group
- Zach Leonsis, Monumental Sports Network, Axiomatic
- Erik Moses, President, DC XFL
- Reese Waters, Host, Get Up DC!, WUSA9 (moderator)
5:30 - 6:30
Future World Happy Hour
6:30 - 8:30
Future Dance Party with music provided by local DC artists